5 Ways I Make College Feel Like Home

Hey, guys! Today I'm going to share what I do to make college feel like home. I live on campus, so before arriving in the fall, I like to look at the layout of the room that I am going to be staying in. Then, in the summer, I like to get different decorations so my room is similar to my room at home. I also bring familiar items from home to remind me of home. One thing that I do miss while being away at school are home-cooked meals, so every now and then I like to cook and entertain friends, which I do a lot of at my house and below, you can see my most recent dish. My roommate is one of my friends that I have had since fifth grade so in a way her just being there reminds me of home because we hung out all the time then and still get to hang out now. At home, my family normally turns on music and we clean the house or just dance around and although I don't always do it on the weekends, I make time for my cleaning/dancing sessions regularly. Lastly, one of the best ways to make South feel like your home is to connect with other people. Home is not always a place, but rather a state of mind so when you find a group of like-minded individuals to spend time with, you'll always have some sense of home. If you have any questions, feels free to ask! See you guys next time!



Comments

Popular Posts

It's Springtime-The Best Time to be Outdoors!

How I Give Back

Top 5 Things to do to Prepare for College