Top 5 Things to do to Prepare for College

Hey, future Jags!

As senior year comes to a close, it's important to start thinking about the next steps. The summer before entering college can be the best and most nerve-wracking time in your life. So many emotions may be going through your head (anxiety, excitement, fear, etc.), but you must prepare for the road ahead. Personally, I came to South after graduating high school and it was an adjustment coming to Mobile, which is three hours away from my hometown. So, to make your transitions go more smoothly, I am going to give you five tips to prepare yourself to come to South Alabama in the fall:

1. Get your things together.
I have lived on campus for the almost two years that I have been at South and I like to make my room look as much like home as possible. If you are living on campus, take the summer to get the necessary things you need for your room in our residence halls. There are many other people around you that will also be going off to college and returning to college, so make sure to get your things early before everything gets gone.

2. Get to know some people that are also coming to South.
So many people come to South without knowing anyone. In this Class of 2023 Facebook group, there are other students that are coming to South that you can get to know and maybe even become friends with. The people you meet at South will become your besties for the restie (fingers crossed), so step out of your comfort zone and get to know some people so you won't feel alone once you get here.

3. Make a trip or two to Mobile in the summer.
I wish I would have come to Mobile more so I can familiarize myself with the area a little bit. I had never been to Mobile until I came to a USA Day and as a freshman, I didn't know where anything was. So, take a trip or two to get to know the area a little bit.

4. Research some organizations to get involved in.
Make your experience at South more memorable by getting involved. We have many organizations here on campus, so find something you're interested in and get plugged in. There are so many opportunities that come with getting involved.

5. RELAX!
College can be stressful at times so take the time to relax so you are ready to start the fall semester strong!

Thanks for reading my blog and as always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!


Comments

Popular Posts

It's Springtime-The Best Time to be Outdoors!

How I Give Back